- Kingman, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Company Phone, Company Uniform, Company Vehicle, Company Match, IRA
Ambient Edge has an opening for an apprentice plumber. This is a great opportunity for a person who is mechanically inclined and looking to get into high demand trade with great earning potential. This is an entry level position. Pay will increase as does the employee's skills and knowledge. The ideal candidate will understand this is a career opportunity and not just a J-O-B. You must be committed to the long term process of becoming a plumber, typically 4 -5 years. Bring your desire to learn, a strong work ethic, and fortitude and we will provide you the training and experience for a lifetime career.
Primary Job Function: To work under the direction of a journeyman and/or master plumber, maintaining plumbing systems, identifying repair and/or replacement needs; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner.
Work Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with some weekends and evenings required.
Compensation: Entry level pay which will increase as skills and knowledge increase (with applicable OT pay for qualified OT hours worked)
- Coordinates with supervisor and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in plumbing systems (e.g. locate and repair water leaks, broken or frozen pipes, and plugged drains, etc.) for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Installs various domestic water and drain systems (e.g. hot water, chilled water, sewer, storm water, air, gas) for the purpose of providing a comfortable, sanitary, and safe environment inside facilities.
- Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of plumbing systems in safe operating condition.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. scope of work, work orders, bids, equipment inventory, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Repairs various items, systems and/or components (e.g. toilets, sinks, vents, faucets, water softeners, garbage disposals sewer lines, vacuum breakers, hot water heaters, sewer line blockages, urinals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Repairs various types of pipes (e.g. iron, steel, copper, clay, plastic, and cement, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are functional and in safe working condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air and/or water for the purpose of ensuring that items are functional and in safe working condition.
- Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Desire to learn and willingness to commit to learning a trade
- Mechanical experience or aptitude.
- Integrity and strong core values
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work hours which may include evenings and weekends
- Professional appearance and demeanor to reflect well on the trade and business
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Lives within the Ambient Edge service area